Welcome to QG! Whether you are a first-time rper or a seasoned veteran, we are happy to have you.
This guide is designed as a starting point to help you navigate the site, but not one size fits all! Some of the information may not be relevant to the character you want, or your questions may not be covered here. In that case, please feel free to consult our [urls=]FAQ[/url]
or CONTACT A MEMBER OF THE STAFF.
These threads, as well as the cbox, are guest friendly; there is no need to register to contact us. We would be glad to help you in any way we can.
If you are new to rp, forum rp, or if you're just feeling a little rusty, don't hesitate to let the staff know! We are willing to provide whatever extent of help you feel you need, be it RP 101 classes, assistance with your application, a few "practice" threads, or even being set up with a mentor, but we can't help if we don't know.
Check out the RULES
and the PLOT
to get an idea of how the board runs.
The Queen's Games is based on Tamora Pierce's Tortallan universe, but because we are set in a separate country and removed from the timeline of the books, knowledge of the books is not required.
- The INFORMATION FORUM contains the basic information you might need to understand how such things as magic and religion work in this world.
- There is also the TAMORA PIERCE WIKI for more information generated by fans of the series.
- We have our own completely optional RESOURCES thread with more in-depth versions of the Information pages, such as specializations of magic or more detailed country explanations. These aren't required, but may help if you're wanting to really dig in.
MAKING YOUR CHARACTER
QG has a number of options for character creation. Central to the plot or just for funsies, canon or OC, for richer or poorer, in all shapes and sizes, we welcome all varieties of characters and strive to make QG and inclusive and diverse environment.
- The AVAILABLE CANON LIST has a selection of characters immediately relevant to one or more of the current plots on the site.
- There are also WANTED ADS for characters connected to those of other members. These assure you a plotting buddy right out of the gate without the potential stress of a canon.
- We have a BREAKDOWN OF MEMBER GROUPS available as well for your convenience.
Don't feel pressured to take a canon or wanted ad! We are just as excited to get OCs as any of these. Making an OC does not in any way prevent you from having a significant impact on the plot! OCs are the lifeblood of our site and help to shape our canon.
Once you know if you're taking a canon, wanted ad, or carving your own path with an OC, it's time to apply!
So you've decided on a character? Fantastic! Now there are a few steps to making them official...
Register an account. Be sure to use proper capitalizatiom and register with your character's first and last name (i.e. Amarilis Villera), first name and noble fief (Meisant of Richilde), or first, middle, and last for Darshani nobility/royalty (Murat Onur Alazón).
Now, write up your character's profile. The template can be found here
. When it's done, or you want to post it, start a new topic in the Application Center
and paste it in there! Be sure to title the thread with your character's name, and if it's a work in progress, mention that in either the thread title or description. Please note that the admins will consider any topic without a WIP tag finished.
You have three days after registering an account to post a profile, even if it's just a work in progress. After you post a WIP profile, you have a week to finish before it gets archived.
When you're finished, then we'll review your application and send you a PM with notes about anything that we feel needs to be expanded or changed about your character. You have a week to make any edits and let us know that you're done (we recommend a PM) and, when you've made any requested changes, we'll pass the character and you can begin roleplay!
Thank you for reading, and we hope you enjoy The Queen's Games!